Looking for Commercial Construction Careers in Lancaster County?
Current Opportunities for Commercial Construction Careers:
(Not all positions shown may be currently available however Ames accepts resumes and inquiries for all.)
Join the team at Ames Construction, Inc. You will be part of an organization with a history. Started in 1975, Ames Construction, Inc. is a quality oriented company with over 60+ employees in various capacities. Ames Construction, Inc. continues to be a leader in the commercial construction industry today.
The following full time positions offer: Competitive compensation based on individual experience. Excellent benefits including paid vacation, holidays, health insurance, company supplied vehicle and cell phone and 401K EOE
We ask that all employees be self-motivated, able to work with a minimum amount of supervision and possess honesty, integrity and pride in their works.
Mechanical (Plumbing/HVAC) Estimator & Project Manager
Mechanical Services Coordinator
Minimum 2-5 years Mechanical Estimating/PM experience in Commercial Construction
Valid Driver’s license and good driving record (MVR background check)
OSHA 10-hour training(preferred)
Review prints and specifications to provide mechanical trade (Plumbing & HVAC) estimates, award subcontracts, review job budgets, and provide job status updates to Plumbing & HVAC supervisors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare accurate estimates for both hard bid and negotiated projects.
2. Provide estimate breakdowns for job costing prior to project commencement.
3. Obtaining required municipal approvals, permits and licenses as required.
4. Preparing monthly invoices on time.
5. Report job progress and any necessary modifications of plans to all necessary parties.
6. Document and communicate change orders.
7. Review job costs-to-date and costs-to-complete a minimum once a month.
8. Award subcontracts and purchase material buyouts for jobs
9. Approve subcontractor and supplier invoices.
10. Provides drawings, work scopes, specification, shop drawings, etc. to field personal on time according to communicated schedules.
11. Work with the HVAC Supervisor, Plumbing Supervisor and project team in supplying lead times for materials.
12. Assist HVAC & Plumbing Supervisors by checking on reported difficulties.
13. Maintain project file with all important documents and correspondence.
14. Responsible for warranty communication, submittals, close out packages, and follow-up on completed contracts.
15. Keep a current list of qualified viable subcontractors/ vendors.
16. Supply information for client sales presentations and negotiations.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Health insurance plan
- 401k with company match
- Company vehicle
- Company phone
- Paid holiday & vacation
- Life insurance
- Short term disability
Ames Construction, Inc. based in Ephrata, PA is an EOE and a drug free workplace. To apply, please send your resume to HR@amesconstructioninc.com.